If you are interested in pursuing a career in IT Support, this course introduces you to basic troubleshooting techniques for managing a customer support case.
This course is a follow up to IT Support Fundamentals and delves deeper into the entire case management process, guiding you through each stage of the process. You will examine best practices on how to become a more efficient and effective troubleshooter, including training how to manage customer expectations and handle customer objections.
The course begins with a basic review of the steps involved in troubleshooting a customer support case, from case assignment and scoping, to solution development, validation, and case closure. To support the troubleshooting process, the course provides tips and tricks on developing analytical solutions, troubleshooting best practices, and managing customer expectations. The course concludes with a look at how to handle customer objections to proposed solutions.
This course is not a technical troubleshooting course that focuses on troubleshooting specific product issues; rather, it provides introductory-level soft skills training on how to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot any support case, regardless of the product. At the completion of the course, the student will have gained an in-depth knowledge of the steps involved in troubleshooting a customer issue throughout its life cycle.
This is the third in a series of four courses that are targeted to individuals who are considering a move into IT Support.
What will you learn
- Review the steps involved in troubleshooting a customer support case
- Examine best practices when assigning the problem and how to handle misroutes
- Understand what problem scoping is, why you must scope a problem, and the steps involved in scoping a case
- Identify how to find a solution based on the type of incident you’re dealing with, learn how to gather evidence and how to narrow down your research
- Understand how to execute your troubleshooting plan, from collaborating with other support agents, to transferring a case, to escalating a case
- Learn how to validate your solution, maintain customer satisfaction, and close a case
- Examine troubleshooting best practices, including how to employ the analytical solution matrix when developing a solution
- Understand how to manage customer expectations and how to manage customer objections to proposed solutions