Learn strategic leadership perspectives and practices and how to apply them in your workplace. Investigate the transformative behaviours and beliefs of leaders aligned with your current educational organisation.
This course will explore the practices and philosophies of effective strategic leaders and guide you in applying these techniques into your own practice.
We will study how school leaders work strategically to develop organisations that are driven towards a clear shared vision, with motivated staff, engaged students, and a supportive school community. You will be encouraged to study leadership in your own workplace and find out how leadership impacts on learning.
You will reflect on your own leadership strengths and opportunities and develop a 21 day plan for personal leadership growth.
This course is aimed at school teachers in leadership roles who are looking to advance their career as a:
- head teacher
- assistant or deputy principal
- organisational leader
- or in educational policy or advisory roles.
This course is registered with the New South Wales Educational Standards Authority (NESA) (Australia). Completing EDLMx2 Applying Strategic Leadership in Education will contribute 12 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 6.1.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
What will you learn
- Analyse and critique strategic leadership practices and philosophies of current and former organisational leaders
- Apply and assess strategic leadership insights in your professional practice.
- Identify processes and practices to further develop personal leadership capacity by incorporating knowledge from leaders studied in the course.